In addition to tendering and negotiating contracts, the purchasing department also ensures a process that ensures that the contracts are executed as agreed and this by actively managing the relationship between the customer and the supplier.
The "Contract & Supplier management" unit within the purchasing department plays a central role in the management of the relationships with the suppliers and more specifically with the contractors for investment projects in the execution phase.
In the execution of major investment projects, the Contract Manager is responsible, together with the Package Manager, to manage the agreed contracts with the suppliers for performance, costs, claims, commercial & legal aspects.
He/she is supported in his/her task by the project team and the company lawyers.
- Support the Package Manager to ensure that the construction project is successful at all levels.
- Manage contract deliverables on time, quality & cost.
- Manage variations & claims.
- Manage contract disputes and resolution.
A very good level of English is required with excellent writing skills.
A professional experience linked to the function description as we expect the candidate to be operational within a short period (max. 1 month).
The candidate will be trained by the Contract Manager in place and with whom he/she will work together.
A young graduated could also be considered depending of his profile and his motivation.
Interest for large investment projects in the energy and/or the offshore sector.
Experience in following areas is an asset:
- Offshore investment projects (Platforms, Offshore cable laying, …);
- Negotiation of Turnkey/EPC contracts (FIDIC, …);
- Contract dispute & resolution;
- Software: MS Office & MS Project.
Brussels with 2-3 days a week abroad (mainly in the Netherlands).